Interesting facts about the planet Neptune allow you to learn about this celestial body of little-known information.
1. For example, if we compare the Sun, the Earth and Neptune with the things we used, it would be a door, a coin and a basketball, respectively.
2. Neptune is the eighth planet from the sun of our solar system. Its distance to the sun is 4.5 billion kilometers.
3. The great distance to the Sun determined the duration of the revolution of Neptune around it. To fully circumvent the Sun, Neptune needs 165 of our earthly years. The day on this planet is 16 hours.
5. In the atmosphere of Neptune, chemical elements such as hydrogen, methane and helium predominate.
6. Interesting facts about the planet Neptune are also related to its satellites. Their officially registered amount is 13 (one more soon will be added). The satellites of Neptune are named after the Greek gods and heroes: Proteus, Talas, Nayad, Galatea, Triton and others.